Ages: 6-0 to 18-11 Testing Time: 45 to 60 minutes Administration: Individual The Test of Pragmatic Language-2 (TOPL-2) expands the original test for an even more in-depth and comprehensive analysis of social communication in context. Its four principal uses include: identifying individuals with pragmatic language deficits, determining individual strengths and weaknesses, documenting an individual"s progress and researching pragmatic language skills. This updated edition addresses reviewers" concerns with the previous edition, adding and improving on important components such as:
- Pragmatic Evaluation — focuses on a student’s ability to monitor and appraise the effectiveness of the response to resolve the social problem situation.
- Detailed IEP’s — addresses students with emotional disabilities, learning disabilities, behaviour problems, Asperger’s Spectrum Disorders, language impairments, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders, and Depression and Anxiety Disorders.
- Clinical Interpretive Framework — allows the test user to see at a glance which components of the model are relevant to each item.
- Extended Norms — provides an assessment for all school-aged students up to age 18-11, allowing older students to benefit from an assessment of pragmatic language.
- Colour Picture Prompts — aids in evaluation, clarity, and student interest in an easy to use easel-back format.
- Verbal Prompts — reflects more accurately the environment of children and adolescents.
- Comprehensive Scoring Guideline — indicates the components that each response measures, with multiple correct/incorrect response samples Designed for use by speech & language therapists, teachers, educational psychologists, mental health professionals and other special education specialists. Complete TOPL-2 Kit Includes: Examiner’s Manual, Picture Book, 25 Examiner Record Booklets for ages 6-7, 25 Examiner Record Booklets for ages 8-18, all in a sturdy storage box.
- Additional Information