The Mindfulness & Mindbalancing Handbook
Meditation is becoming a useful tool in the arsenal of the established healing professions.
In particular Mindfulness meditation is recommended in the NICE guidelines as a treatment for depression and has proved helpful for a range of problems, including anxiety disorders and OCD. It can also be used with physical, psychosomatic and stress-related problems, and as a self-development programme.
- Guides the reader into meditation practices in a systematic, gradual and practical way.
- Includes Cognitive Therapy exercises, reflections, relaxation, guided imagery, breathing exercises and a wide range of meditation practices from different traditions.
- Contains clear instructions on how to use the exercises and practices, as well as suggestions on how they can be used with individuals and in groups.
- Addresses the differing needs of readers, whether it is to 'dip into' meditation a little, to follow a programme, to learn about the spiritual aspects of meditation, or simply to create more peacefulness, calmness, groundedness and centredness in their own and in the lives of others.
- Includes two audio CDs for the reader to develop their own varied daily relaxation and meditation practices, as well as photocopiable worksheets, record-forms and audio exercises, so practitioners can read them out in groups or to individual clients, if they prefer to use their own voice.
Meditation is a complex subject. This handbook provides a clear and practical guide that introduces the reader to the wider context of meditation, provides an optional deeper understanding of some of the concepts and models, and includes comprehensive resources for those who want to explore meditation further.
A4, wire-o-bound, 2 audio CDs
This item is non returnable if the holographic seal and/or shrink-wrap has been unsealed.