Communication Assessment Profile (CASP) - CASP
CASP is a method of assessing the communicative abilities of adults with severe to mild learning disabilities. It is the only UK standardised assessment tool for adults with severe to moderate learnig disabilities. It makes use of photographs of functional adult-oriented objects and has been designed as a joint assessment so that nursing staff, caregivers or instructors can use it in conjunction with a speech & language therapist.
- Eight aspects of language and communication are examined, including the client's understanding and use of everyday words and sentences
- Sound discrimination and conversational skills are also assessed.
- Images in full colour and duplicated on CD-ROM.
- Large format A4 book containing more than 40 pages of colour photographs.
- Audio CD
- Packaged in a polypropylene case that is convenient to carry and store
Part One comprises a questionnaire on the communication environment, designed to find out about the opportunities an individual has for communicating on a day to day basis. Usually completed with a carer/keyworker.
Part Two is a manual which makes use of photographs and includes subsections on hearing and auditory skills, understanding and use of communication. Usually completed with a speech and language therapist
Part Three contains a record of strengths, percentile rank chart, communication environment rating scale and an outline of priorities for change. These are agreed by the individual, the therapist and carer/keyworker.Each pack comes with:
|Product Instructions Additional||No|